1 1/2 lbs ground turkey breast
1 large onion chopped
3 cloves garlic finely minced
2 tbsp olive oil
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1/4 tsp chili pepper flakes (optional)
2 cups carrots sliced
1 1/2 cups celery sliced
1 can diced tomatoes not drained 28 oz
3 cups beef broth
4 tbsp tomato paste
1 tbsp fresh basil or 1 tsp. dry
1 tbsp fresh oregano or 1 tsp dry
1 tbsp fresh thyme or 1 tsp dry
1/4 cup fresh parsley
Take out two medium bowls (large enough for 2 cups of stuff), 1 small bowl (1/3 cup size) large general pan/skillet, Dutch oven, measuring cup, measuring spoons, and all ingredients.
1. Chop up 1 large onion. Put in medium bowl (“Bowl A”).
Add 1/2 tsp salt
Add 1/2 tsp pepper
Add 3 cloves minced garlic
2. Chop 1.5 cups carrots put in large bowl (“Bowl B”)
Add 1.5 cups celery
Add 1 chopped bell pepper
3. Put 1 tbsp of fresh basil (or 1 tsp dry basil) into small bowl (“Bowl C”).
Add 1 tbsp fresh oregano or 1 tsp dry
Add 1 tbsp fresh thyme or 1 tsp dry
4. Put 2 tbsp olive oil in skillet and turn on heat.
5. Add ground turkey and contents of Bowl A (salt, pepper, onion and garlic). Saute until turkey is browned and then transfer into dutch oven. Do not clean skillet.
6. In the same skillet add cotents of Bowl B. Saute until slightly tender and then transfer into dutch oven. Do not clean skillet.
7. Pour 28oz can of diced tomatos into skillet. Turn heat up to medium. Stir.
8. Add 3 cups beef broth, 4 tbsp tomato paste and all the contents of Bowl C (all herbs except parsley) to skillet. Add 1/4 tsp chili pepper flakes (optional). Stir and bring to a boil. Transger to dutch oven.
9. Stir contents of dutch oven.
10. Simmer on low heat 30min.
11. Add 1/4 cup fresh parsley and simmer additional 10-20min.
Note: If you want it to be more watery, simmer only 30min total and add parsley at minute 25. If you want it to be less watery, simmer for the full 50 minutes.
This recipe was modified from: https://www.artandthekitchen.com/italian-turkey-burger-soup/